Call for Board Member
The Ontario Chapter of HIMSS Board is an all-volunteer board and we have an opportunity for one member to join the Chapter Board as a Member at Large. If you have been a HIMSS member for at least one year and are passionate about affecting change in healthcare through technology, we want to hear from you. Contact us if you are interested in having your name included on the ballot for voting by the Ontario Chapter of HIMSS members.
Please contact us prior to the deadline of Friday, August 10, 2018.
Member at Large role description:
Overview: Provide representation on the chapter board to represent the whole membership assuming duties and needs of the chapter throughout the term. Provide support and guidance to any/all board members, committees, and liaisons as needed. When called upon, play an active role in driving key committees activities in support of the Chapter’s strategic objectives.
Term: Two year term ending July 31, 2020
• Attend all meetings of the Chapter; including special meetings, conference calls and face-to-face as needed.
• Accept special assignments such as policy review and procedure development.
• May be asked to serve as chair of any ad hoc committee formed.
• Must be a current member of HIMSS and the chapter in good standing for the past year.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, strong business acumen and a commitment to perform in an orderly and responsible manner, all duties of the office.
(Time commitment 6-12 hours per month)
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org