2020/2021 Call for Board Members
The HIMSS Ontario Chapter is seeking digital health leaders to join our volunteer Board. We have three (3) positions available for the 2020 - 2021 term including the position of President-Elect and two (2) Director positions as Members-at-Large. A brief description of the roles is provided below.
Please submit expressions of interest to Dr. Darren Larsen, incoming President,(firstname.lastname@example.org) and Susan Sepa outgoing President (email@example.com). Expressions of Interest should address the following questions. Your responses will be used as your candidate statement in the election process and could be posted on the HIMSS website.
Expression of Interest:
1) Brief overview (max 250 words) of your professional background
2) How long have you been a HIMSS Member
3) Why do you want to join the Board of the Ontario Chapter? What can you contribute to the Board?
4) Which position are you interested in being considered for?
- Submit your Expression of Interest by June 10th
- Candidates will be shared with the membership for voting from June 11th to June 19th
- Successful candidates will be notified by June 22
- Chapter Membership will be notified the week of June 22
- New Board will be announced by July 1st, the start of the 2020/21 fiscal year
President-Elect Role Description
- The President-Elect is an Officer of the Board (there are 5 Officers including the President, Past-President, Secretary, Treasurer and President-Elect). Officers may serve for 3 consecutive terms in the same office.
- The President-Elect succeeds into the President role in the following term, then Past-President role and thereby serves a minimum of 3 years.
- The President-Elect shall, in the absence of the President, preside at all meetings of the chapter and the Board of Directors
- The President-Elect supports the President and provides leadership to the Board and the Chapter, and supports the management of the affairs of the Board
Member-at-Large Role Description
- Director of the Board
- All Board members can serve up to eight (8) consecutive years on the Board
- May choose at any time to apply for available Officer roles of the Board (Secretary, Treasurer, President-Elect)
- May choose to serve as a Chair and / or Co- chair of one of the committees
We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your expressions of interest to serve on the Ontario Chapter of HIMSS Board.
For any questions, please email us at the email addresses above.
Susan (outgoing President) and Darren (incoming President)