NextMed / MMVR22: 22nd Medicine Meets Virtual Reality Conference
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel • Los Angeles, California
The 22nd Medicine Meets Virtual Reality Conference
April 7 - 9, 2016 • Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel • Los Angeles, California
We thank the many researchers who submitted lectures, posters, independent sessions, and demos during the first part of our 2016 Call for Presentations.
The initial program will be announced in December. It will include lectures, posters, independent sessions, and demos accepted via the Call for Presentations, as well as invited presentations and panelists.
About the Conference
In 1992, Medicine Meets Virtual Reality first presented a daring vision of patient care and medical education transformed by computer technology. The evolving NextMed / MMVR engages researchers committed to intelligent healthcare—engineers, physicians, scientists, educators, students, industry, military, and futurists—with its creative mix of unorthodox thinking and validated investigation.
For our 22nd conference, the Organizing Committee welcomes presentations on:
- Medical simulation and modeling
- Data visualization and fusion
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Imaging devices and methods
- Robotics, haptics, sensors
- Human-computer interfaces
- Data and decision networks, AI, mobile health
- Wearable and implantable electronics
- Projection systems
- Learning and technology
- Simulator design and validation
- Physical and mental rehabilitation tools
- Serious games
- Surgical registration and navigation
- Peri-operative guidance
- Remote and battlefield care
- Patient and public health monitoring and education
The submission deadline was October 5, 2015, for lectures, formal posters, and independent sessions. Casual poster and mini-lecture submissions are due by Friday, January 8, 2016. Demonstrations are invited while space remains.
Medical virtual reality—along with the strategic integration of IT and healthcare—is moving forward at an astonishing pace. Join us in Los Angeles this April and take part in its future.